We are excited to share an update on the 19th ORA Annual Meeting that takes place April 17-19, 2020 at the Kingbridge Conference Centre.
The theme of next year’s meeting is The Evolution of Understanding and Treatment in Rheumatic Diseases: From Pathophysiology to Guidelines.
To follow the success of our recent meeting, Dr. Janet Pope has worked hard to confirm an EXCEPTIONAL LINE-UP OF SPEAKERS!
- Dr. Josef Smolen: Director, EULAR Research Centre Database, Professor of Internal Medicine and Chairman of the Division of Rheumatology, University of Vienna.
- Dr. Maya Buch: Associate Professor & Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist, University of Leeds with a speciality research interest in the pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Dr. Michelle Petri: Director, Hopkins Lupus Centre. Professor of Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Dr. Jeff Curtis: Professor of Medicine in the Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Dr. Chris Ritchlin: Professor of Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology at the University of Rochester, New York.
Our Very Own:
- Dr. Lillian Barra: Associate Professor, Division of Rheumatology at the University of Western Ontario. Dr. Barra will present on vasculitis.
- Dr. Jason Lee: University of Western Ontario, Rheumatology and Clinical Pharmacology, PhD candidate.
- Dr. Robert Inman: Director, Spondylitis Program, University Health Network.
- Dr. Shahin Jamal: Rheumatologist, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of British Columbia; Director of the Can-RIO (Canadian Research Group of Rheumatology in Immuno-Oncology).
- Dr. Kim Papp: Dermatologist, Probity Medical Research, Waterloo.
The ORA scientific steering committee is developing an interesting range of meeting topics including:
- RA Guidelines
- Pathogenesis and Early Treatment
- PsA Updates Including Guidelines
- AS/SpA Insights
- Understanding the Largest Organ (Skin) and How it Applies to Rheumatology
- Update on Big Data, Vaccinations, SLE, Vasculitis, Personalized Medicine, Check point inhibitors, and so much more!
Stay tuned for more updates, and remember to reserve April 17-19, 2020 in your calendars!