Here are some educational resources on biosimilar transitioning that the ORA endorses:
- Arthritis Consumer Experts (ACE) has produced a special biosimilars education video series, where ACE speaks to medical experts on key patient questions around biosimilars and transitioning from originators to biosimilars: Go to https://biosim.jointhealth.org/resources and click on “Biosimilars education videos.”
- Also on this page are a series of helpful link including a national guide on biosimilars. Visit: Biosimiars in Canada
- An inforgraphic that may be helpful to share with your patients. See: Biosimilars Infographic
- A publication by the Ontario Drug Policy Research Network that addresses utilization of biosimilar and biologics in Ontario. See Utilization of Biologics & Biosimilars in Ontario
- A Patient Education Program that has been developed by Dr. Jane Purvis. Visit: Patient Education Program
- An accredited Biosimilars Rheumatology program that has been developed by McGill University. Please login to the “Existing Members” section of the ORA website to access the link and password.
If you have questions about the ORA’s position statement on biosimilar switching or would like more information, please contact us!